Saturday, January 26, 2008

They Marched for Life

I'm so proud of my dad and my two nieces, Mary and Rachel. Together, they participated in this year's 35th annual March for Life in Washington D.C. on January 22nd. The travelled by bus, slept in less-than-comfortable accommodations, and battled below-freezing temperatures to be just a few of the thousands fighting for the rights of the unborn. Rachel, an 8th-grader, is the one who instigated the trip. As her sponsor for her Confirmation this year, I'm incredibly proud of her initiative. I wish I had been that spirited as a teenager. I wish I had known that I could make a difference. I wish I had opened my eyes to the world around me and paid attention to current events. Rachel says that she wants to be a baby-nurse someday. I hope she does just that. And, I hope she gets to take care of some lucky babies that are born because Roe v. Wade is finally overturned!

No comments: