Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Ultrasound: 3/3/10


Here are the latest ultrasound images. The babies have really filled out, and they actually look more like little kids now. I love that I could see their faces today! Baby "A" actually seemed to smile in the photo on the left.
They are both measuring exactly the same size: 1 lb. 1 oz., and 16.5 cm from crown to rump (6.5 inches). The ultrasound tech told me that they are measuring slightly larger than the average SINGLE baby at this stage... She said I'm well on my way to delivering at least 7 & 1/2-lb twins! YIKES! I'm not going to be able to walk by the end of this pregnancy!
Because Brian is on a business trip to Arizona this week, I asked my mom if she wanted to come to the ultrasound with me. She was so excited because she has never seen an ultrasound before. She thinks both babies look just like Maggie. I'm not so sure of that, but they certainly look like Martin-children! I'm wondering if they are identical because everything about them seems so much the same.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Amazing!

Jaime said...

I am so excited for you!

Barb said...

Oh my gosh! They are absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to hold these precious little girls!

Cara said...

WOW! These ultrasound pictures are unbelievable! So awesome and how fun to get to "peek" in on them as they grow! So glad to hear things are on track and they're doing fine. Can't wait to see you guys next week.