Sunday, November 16, 2008

Look, Mom. I'm eating broccoli!

We have FINALLY convinced Ben to eat broccoli again. As a baby, he couldn't get enough of the stuff. (As a baby, he couldn't get enough of all things edible!) Somewhere around age two, he became incredibly picky. So, now that he's three, we have had to come up with some creative ways to get him to eat his veggies. We have discovered that three-year-old boys are fascinated by bodily functions (much like 37-year-old boys), so we told him that eating broccoli would cause gas. Now, he happily clears his plate of his broccoli every time I serve it stating that he loves broccoli because, "it makes me go tootums!"

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I would have never thought of that tactic - wonder if it works for 4-year old girls too? I'll have to try it. Happy Thanksgiving!